Atlas of Descriptive Histology
Read the review from Clinical Anatomy. (PDF)
“The basic idea is to present excellent illustrations of histological sections through all kinds of tissue and combine this with a careful labeling and a minimum of additional text. … The entire layout and the explaining text show that the authors carefully thought about their readers. A special addition and, in my view, the strength of the book is its accompanying website. … More offers for interactive learning are hard to imagine. In summary, the Atlas of Descriptive Histology is a modern book for lecture and research, combining print and online media. The authors and the publisher did produce a volume for the users, a fact that sounds trivial, but is not.”
—Andreas Schmidt-Rhaesa, The Quarterly Review of Biology
“The Atlas of Descriptive Histology should be on the desks of all students who need a comprehensive, easy-to-follow color atlas of histology.”
—Michelle Mo, Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine
For the Student
Each copy of the Atlas of Descriptive Histology includes an access code that gives the student a subscription to the textbook's Companion Website. The site features a flexible image viewer that allows the student to view any of the micrographs in the book. Features of the image viewer include:
- Each micrograph from each plate in the textbook is provided separately.
- A zoom tool allows the student to view the micrograph at either low resolution or high resolution—providing greatly increased detail.
- Labels and leaders can each be displayed or hidden independently.
- A self-quiz mode allows the student to test themselves on structure identification.
- Each micrograph can be downloaded for incorporation into student notes or presentations.
For the Instructor (Available to Qualified Adopters)
Instructor’s Resource Library
The Atlas of Descriptive Histology Instructor's Resource Library includes multiple versions of every micrograph from every plate in the textbook, as well as an instructor version of the image viewer from the Companion Website. The IRL includes the following:
- Micrographs provided in three formats: Without leaders or labels, with leaders only, and with leaders and labels.
- All images provided as both low-resolution and high-resolution JPEGs.
- A PowerPoint presentation of all images for each chapter.
- The instructor version of the image viewer, which includes all the features described above, with the addition of a pen tool that allows drawing on the image during lecture.
If you have adopted this text for course use (within the U.S. or Canada) and are interested in the instructor’s supplements that accompany the text, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Outside the U.S. or Canada? Check the orders and returns page for the distributor in your region.