Biological Psychology Newslink
This continuously updated site provides links to thousands of news stories in the field, all organized by both keyword and textbook chapter. The site is designed to help instructors keep up with the latest news in the field and find interesting topics for lectures or discussions and to provide students with an appreciation of the wide-ranging applications of the material they are studying in the course.
For the Student
Companion Website (behavioralneuroscience8e.com)
Each new copy of the textbook includes 180-day access to the Companion Website.
The Behavioral Neuroscience Companion Website contains a wide range of study and review resources to help students master the material presented in the textbook, as well as coverage of additional topics. For each chapter of the textbook, the site includes:
- Chapter Outlines that outline each chapter and link to relevant Study Questions
- Visual Summaries that link to all of the Activities and Videos, forming a complete review of each chapter
- Study Questions that help the student master the full range of material in each chapter
- Animations & Videos that illustrate many of the complex, dynamic concepts and processes of biological psychology
- Activities that help the student review key structures and processes
- Online Quizzes (including both multiple-choice and essay questions) that test the student's grasp of the material, with results stored in the online gradebook (instructor registration required)
- Flashcards activities that review and reinforce the many new terms introduced in each chapter
- “A Step Further,” offering advanced coverage of selected topics, allowing students to explore topics more deeply
- A Glossary that provides quick access to definitions of all the important terminology in the textbook
For the Instructor (available to qualified adopters)
Instructor’s Resource Library
The Behavioral Neuroscience, Eighth Edition Instructor’s Resource Library includes a variety of resources to aid you in the planning of your course, the development of your lectures, and the assessment of your students, including:
- Figures and Tables: All of the line-art illustrations, photographs, and tables from the textbook are provided as both high-resolution and low-resolution JPEGs, all optimized for use in presentation software (such as PowerPoint)
- PowerPoint Resources: Two different types of PowerPoint presentations are provided for each chapter of the textbook:
- All figures, photos, and tables
- A complete lecture presentation, including selected figures
- Videos: New for the Eighth Edition, a robust collection of video segments from the BBC and other sources bring to life may of the important concepts discussed in the textbook. Excellent as lecture-starters and discussion topics. Click here for a list of the videos, with descriptions.
- Animations: These detailed animations help enliven lectures and illustrate dynamic processes.
- Instructor’s Manual and Test Bank in Word format (details below)
- Computerized Test Bank: The entire Test Bank is provided in Diploma format (software included) making it easy to quickly assemble exams using any combination of publisher-provided and custom questions. Includes the Companion Website quiz questions.
Instructor's Manual (included in the Instructor's Resource Library)
The Behavioral Neuroscience Instructor’s Manual and Test Bank includes useful resources for planning your course, lectures, and exams. For each chapter of the textbook, the IM includes the following:
- A Chapter Overview that gives a big-picture snapshot of what is covered in the chapter
- A complete Chapter Outline
- A set of Key Concepts that break the chapter down into its core elements
- Additional References for lecture/course development
Test Bank (included in the Instructor's Resource Library)
A comprehensive set of questions is provided for each chapter, including multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, matching, essay, definition, and paragraph development questions that cover the full range of material in the chapter (Companion Website quiz questions included).
The Companion Website includes online quizzes that can be assigned by instructors or used as self-review exercises. For each chapter of the textbook, a set of multiple-choice questions and a set of essay questions are provided. Quizzes can be customized with any combination of the default questions and an instructor’s own questions, and can be assigned as desired. Results of the quizzes are stored in the online gradebook. (Instructors must register in order for their students to be able to take the quizzes.)
Available Product Bundles
Behavioral Neuroscience and Sylvius 4 Online: An Interactive Atlas and Visual Glossary of Human Neuroanatomy Access Card for $145.83 (Suggested List Price: $167.16)