eBrain+ is a unique, interactive software application for neuroanatomy students. It includes a virtual dissection of the sheep brain that can be used either stand-alone or in conjunction with a laboratory course. Labeled photographs, dissection videos, and audio pronunciations introduce the content, which focuses on structure–function relationships. Quizzes, an interactive glossary with photographs and hyperlinks, activities, and games engage students in learning neuroanatomy. A comprehensive laboratory manual and the complete glossary are included in a printable format.
The “plus” in eBrain refers to several new features, in addition to compatibility with mobile devices.
- eBrain+ incorporates gamification strategies to enhance the learner’s experience. eBrain+ has been redesigned to provide more engaging activities requiring user input. The active participation is followed up with constructive feedback on all quizzes and interactions.
- Modules have the new Structure Synopsis feature that alphabetically lists neural structures, the functions mediated, and tips to help identify where the structure is located on the brain. Users simply select a structure of interest from that Module.
- Anatomy Pin Quizzes feature embedded light boxes with descriptive feedback and close-up photos attached to each pin.
- The new Concepts Quizzes let learners examine their global understanding of the brain’s structures and how they are integrated to mediate functions.
- Word Quizzes have a more dynamic graphic interface and reward with correct answers.
eBrain+ is still in the same easy-to-use, relaxed format. All of the pronunciations, feedback, and additional information on the anatomy is available on demand, as is the enhanced NeuroGlossary, so users can easily access it when wanted.
Site License Information
eBrain+: The Interactive Sheep Neuroanatomy Tutorial is also available under a One-Year Institutional Site License Agreement (ISBN 978-1-60535-544-3). For more information, download the site license agreement [PDF] and the site license fee schedule [PDF].
Orders for site licenses must include a signed site license agreement, and may be faxed to Linda VandenDolder at (413) 549-1118. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
eBrain+ is a Web-based program that runs in an Internet browser. It requires an active Internet connection as well as the following:
- Windows: Google Chrome (latest version)
- Mac: Safari 7 and later or Google Chrome (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 7 and later or Google Chrome (latest version) in Android OS 4.1 and later
†Lifetime access provides the purchaser with online access to the title for the life of the current version.