Foundations of Neural Development
For the Student
Companion Website (sites.sinauer.com/fond)
The Foundations of Neural Development Companion Website contains a range of media and review resources to help students learn the material presented in each chapter of the textbook and to visualize some of the key processes discussed. The site includes the following resources:
- Chapter outlines
- Chapter summaries
- Animations: Detailed animations that cover some of the key processes presented in the textbook.
- Videos: Links to fascinating videos that demonstrate the processes and concepts of neural development.
- Flashcards: An easy way for students to learn and review the key terms introduced in each chapter.
- News Feed: A continuously-updated feed of links to science news articles relevant to neural developmental.
For the Instructor (available to qualified adopters)
Instructor’s Resource Library
The Foundations of Neural Development Instructor’s Resource Library (available to qualified adopters) includes a variety of resources to aid you in the development of your course and the assessment of your students. The IRL includes the following.
- Textbook Figures & Tables: All of the figures (including photos) and tables from the textbook are provided as JPEGs, all optimized for use in presentations. Complex figures are provided in both whole and split versions.
- PowerPoint Presentations: A PowerPoint presentation containing all figures and tables, with titles and full captions, is provided for each chapter.
- Videos: A collection of fascinating segments from BBC programs that illustrate important concepts from the textbook.
- Test Bank: The Test Bank consists of a range of questions covering key facts and concepts in each chapter. Multiple-choice and short-answer questions are included, and all questions are ranked according to Bloom’s Taxonomy and referenced to specific textbook sections.
- Computerized Test Bank: The Test Bank is provided in Blackboard’s Diploma format (software included). Diploma makes it easy to assemble quizzes and exams from any combination of publisher-provided questions and instructor-created questions. In addition, quizzes and exams can be exported for import into many different course management systems, such as Blackboard and Moodle.
- Course Management System Support: The Test Bank is also provided in Blackboard format, for easy import into campus Blackboard systems. In addition, using the Computerized Test Bank, instructors can easily create and export quizzes and exams (or the entire test bank) for import into other course management systems, including Moodle, Canvas, and Desire2Learn/Brightspace.
If you have adopted this text for course use (within the U.S. or Canada) and are interested in the instructor’s supplements that accompany the text, please contact email@example.com. Outside the U.S. or Canada? Check the orders and returns page for the distributor in your region.