Principles of Cognitive Neuroscience
“This textbook is an ideal introductory text for advanced undergraduates or graduate students studying cognitive neuroscience. … I applaud the authors for creating a book that is not only educational but also enjoyable to read—something that cannot be said about most textbooks. Any instructor of an introductory cognitive neuroscience course, advanced and inquisitive undergraduate, or beginning researcher will likely find this text to be a valuable resource.”
—Amber Baysinger, Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine
For the Student
Companion Website (sites.sinauer.com/cogneuro2e)
The Principles of Cognitive Neuroscience, Second Edition Companion Website features review and study resources to help students master the material presented in the textbook. Access is free of charge and requires no access code. The site includes:
- Chapter Summaries: Concise overviews of the important topics covered in each chapter
- Flashcards: Flashcard activities help students to master the extensive vocabulary of cognitive neuroscience. Each chapter’s set of flashcards includes all the key terms introduced in that chapter.
- Animations: A collection of detailed animations that depict some of the key processes and structures discussed in the textbook.
- Online Quizzes: For each chapter of the textbook, the Companion Website includes a multiple-choice quiz that covers all the main topics presented in the chapter. Instructors may assign these quizzes, or they may be made available to students as self-study tools. (Instructor registration is required for student access to the quizzes.)
Sylvius 4 Online: An Interactive Atlas and Visual Glossary of Human Neuroanatomy
S. Mark Williams and Leonard E. White
(Free online access code provided with every new copy of the text)
Sylvius 4 provides a unique digital learning environment for exploring and understanding the structure of the human central nervous system. Sylvius features fully annotated surface views of the human brain, as well as interactive tools for dissecting the central nervous system and viewing fully annotated cross-sections of preserved specimens and living subjects imaged by magnetic resonance. This new online version of Sylvius is more than a conventional atlas; it incorporates a comprehensive, visually-rich, searchable database of more than 500 neuroanatomical terms that are concisely defined and visualized in photographs, magnetic resonance images, and illustrations.
For the Instructor (Available to Qualified Adopters)
Instructor’s Resource Library
The Principles of Cognitive Neuroscience, Second Edition Instructor’s Resource Library includes a variety of resources to help instructors in developing their course and delivering lectures. The Library includes:
- Textbook Figures and Tables: All the figures and tables from the textbook are provided in JPEG format (both high- and low-resolution).
- PowerPoint®Presentations: All the figures and tables from each chapter are provided on PowerPoint slides, making it easy for instructors to add figures to their presentations.
- Sylvius Image Library: A range of images from the companion program Sylvius 4 Online are provided in PowerPoint® format.
- Quiz Questions: All of the questions from the Companion Website’s online quizzes are provided in Microsoft Word format.
- Animations: All of the animations from the companion website are provided as Flash files. The animations are also provided on PowerPoint® slides for easy integration into instructor presentations
If you have adopted this text for course use (within the U.S. or Canada) and are interested in the instructor’s supplements that accompany the text, please contact Linda VandenDolder, email@example.com. Outside the U.S. or Canada? Check the orders and returns page for the distributor in your region.
Available Product Bundles
Principles of Cognitive Neuroscience and eBrain+: The Interactive Sheep Neuroanatomy Tutorial Access Card for $126.66 (Suggested List Price: $144.61)