For the Student
Companion Website (sites.sinauer.com/animalphys4e)
The Animal Physiology Companion Website includes content that expands on the coverage in the textbook as well as study and review resources for students.
- Chapter Outlines & Summaries provide quick overviews and reviews of each chapter.
- Box Extensions expand on topics introduced in the textbook and cover important additional conceptual material.
- Online Quizzes cover key material in each chapter. These can be assigned by the instructor or used as self-quizzes (instructor must register with Sinauer Associates first).
- Flashcards help students learn and review the many new terms introduced in the textbook.
For the Instructor (available to qualified adopters)
Instructor's Resource Library
The Animal Physiology, Fourth Edition Instructor’s Resource Library (IRL) contains a wealth of resources for use in lecture development and assessment. Contents include:
- Presentation Resources
- Figures & Tables: All of the textbook’s figures (both line art and photographs) are provided as JPEG files at two sizes: high-resolution (excellent for use in PowerPoint) and low-resolution (ideal for web pages and other uses). All the artwork has been reformatted and optimized for exceptional image quality when projected in class.
- Unlabeled Figures: Unlabeled versions of all figures are provided.
- PowerPoint Presentations:
- Figures & Tables: Includes all the figures and tables from the chapter, making it easy to insert any figure into an existing presentation.
- Layered Art PowerPoints: Selected key figures throughout the textbook are prepared as step-by-step and animated presentations that build the figure one piece at a time.
- Test Bank
The Test Bank consists of a broad range of questions covering the key facts and concepts in each chapter. Both multiple-choice and short-answer questions are provided. The Test Bank also includes the Companion Website online quiz questions. All questions are referenced to Bloom’s Taxonomy and to specific textbook sections.
- Computerized Test Bank
The entire test bank is provided in the Diploma exam-creation program (software included). Diploma makes it easy to assemble quizzes and exams from any combination of publisher-provided questions and instructor-created questions. In addition, quizzes and exams can be exported to many different course management systems, such as Blackboard, WebCT, and Moodle.
- Answers to End-of-Chapter Questions
Answers to all of the end-of-chapter Study Questions are provided as Word documents.
The online quizzes that are part of the Animal Physiology Companion Website include an instructor administration interface that allows the quizzes to be used as assignments. Instructors also have the ability to create their own quizzes and add their own questions. (Adopting instructors must register on the Companion Website in order for their students to be able to access the quizzes.)
If you have adopted this text for course use (within the U.S. or Canada) and are interested in the instructor’s supplements that accompany the text, please contact [email protected]. Outside the U.S. or Canada? Check the orders and returns page for the distributor in your region.
The authors of Animal Physiology have become aware that, after publication of our book, a paper used as a key reference for Chapter 16 was retracted. The retracted paper was a source of information for the chapter opener on insulin effects in bears. The authors of Animal Physiology have been in contact with the authors of the retracted paper, and we are assured that the information used in our book is dependable. As soon as a new paper—reporting updated evidence on insulin in bears—is published, we will post the new citation here.