For the Student
Companion Website (ecology4e.sinauer.com)
The Ecology Companion Website offers students a wealth of study and review material. Access to the site is included with each new copy of the textbook. The Companion Website includes:
- Chapter Outlines and Summaries
- Hands-On Problem Solving Exercises that provide practical experience working with experimental data and interpreting results from simulations and models.
- Analyzing Data Exercises—companions to the in-book exercises that give students extra practice with quantitative skills.
- Climate Change Connections explore the links between the ecological concepts and climate change.
- Web Extensions expand on the coverage of selected topics introduced in the textbook.
- Online Quizzes are a great way for students to check their comprehension of the material covered in each chapter (instructor registration required).
- Web Stats Review—a brief statistics primer for ecology.
- Flashcards, Suggested Readings, and Glossary
For the Instructor
(All instructor resources are available to adopting instructors online. Instructor registration is required.)
Instructor’s Resource Library
The Ecology Instructor’s Resource Library includes a variety of resources to aid instructors in course planning, lecture development, and student assessment. The IRL includes:
- Figures & Tables: All of the textbook’s figures (including photos) and tables are provided as JPEGs, both with and without balloon captions, optimized for use in presentations. Complex figures are provided in both whole and split versions.
- PowerPoint Resources: Three different PowerPoint presentations are provided for each chapter of the textbook:
- Figures: All figures and tables from each chapter, with titles and full captions.
- Lecture: A complete lecture outline, including selected figures.
- Hands-On Problems: Instructor versions of all Hands-On Problems are provided in ready-to use presentations.
- Hands-On Problem-Solving Exercises: In addition to the instructor versions mentioned above, the student versions of the exercises from the Companion Website, with answers, are included in Microsoft Word format.
- Answers to Analyzing Data Exercises: Complete answers for all of the online Analyzing Data companion exercises.
The Ecology, Fourth Edition Test Bank includes a thorough set of questions for each chapter. All important concepts are covered, and additional quantitative questions have been added for the Fourth Edition. Each question is referenced to a specific chapter heading and concept number, and is categorized according to Bloom’s Taxonomy. All of the questions from the Companion Website online quizzes are also included. The Test Bank is provided in three formats:
- Microsoft Word (by chapter)
- Diploma (software included): Diploma is a powerful, easy-to- use exam creation program that lets you quickly assemble exams using any combination of publisher-provided questions and your own questions.
- Blackboard: Question bank files ready to import into your Blackboard course.
The Companion Website includes an online quiz for each chapter of the textbook. Via the instructor’s website, these quizzes can be assigned or opened for use by students as self-quizzes. Custom quizzes can be created using any combination of publisher-provided questions and instructor-created questions. Quiz results are stored in an online gradebook and can be exported. (Note: Instructors must register with Sinauer Associates in order for their students to access the quizzes.)
If you have adopted this text for course use (within the U.S. or Canada) and are interested in the instructor’s supplements that accompany the text, please contact [email protected]. Outside the U.S. or Canada? Check the orders and returns page for the distributor in your region.
Available Product Bundles
Ecology and A Primer of Ecology for $161.76 (Suggested List Price: $190.31)
Ecology and SimBio® Lab Pack Access Card for $139.71 (Suggested List Price: $159.96)
Ecology (looseleaf) and SimBio® Lab Pack Access Card for $107.85 (Suggested List Price: $122.47)